Dowel a hardwood bar, measuring approximately 30 x 30 mm, flush with the tread edge to the stair leading edge. Mind that the dowels point diagonally to the floor to avoid a flaking of the concrete leading edge.
Applying the wooden bar to the leading edge results in a broader stepping surface which is often an advantage when it comes to concrete stairs.
Adapt the RenoPROFILprofile rail by measuring off the skewness at the left and right stringer with a bevel (adjustable goniometer) and transfering it to the profile rail. The length of the profile rail equals the distance between both stringers.
After cutting the RenoPROFILprofile rail, mount it on the stair leading edge using approximately 3,5 x 30 mm countersunk screws according to the assembly instructions. Plot the coiled step on kraft paper or wall paper by applying the paper to the inside of the RenoPROFIL profile rail and then cut it out with a cutter or scissors (template). Make your treads and risers by sticking together several panels with parquet adhesive. Transfer the measurements of the template to the prepared step. Leave a gap of 1-2 mm on both sides to prevent the new coverings from creaking.
Concerning the riser, the distance between new and old riser can be up to 5 mm because the new riser rests on the new tread. After mounting, seal the opening between stringers and steps with permanently elastic compound.Note:
In case you do not plan to cover the landing of the stairs which will be renovated, you will find an ideal solution in the *RenoPROFILUniversal profile railsbecause they can be applied to the existing covering.
- Make sure you always place the slotted side (straight edge) towards the profile rail leg, when working with parquets, laminates or other floor panels.
- Assembly adhesive* has to be applied in advance through the entire length around the slots.
- Using wedges, press the stepping surface tightly towards the profile rail leg.
- Overflowing assembly adhesive* has to be removed immediately with ethyl alcohol to avoid the ingress of cleaning water and moisture.
- Assembly adhesive*: There are different types of assembly adhesives available, we would recommend assembly adhesives on PU basis.
Fix the leg overarm on the tread leading egde with countersunk screws. Screw them together where the entire face of the profile rail rests on the tread leading edge. Afterwards, drive in screws also from the front of the profil rail to avoid the profile rail being snapped off and to accomplish a maximum level of safety. In case the stairs are very worn out, see assembly instructions. Please drive in screws at RenoPROFIL Universal profile rails from the front.